A guide to WY Corporate Liason

Player-made guides on how stuff works.
Warnipple

A guide to WY Corporate Liason

Post by Warnipple » 01 Jul 2016, 16:31

UPDATE!!! Lets start off with a quote from Feweh, the head mod, who creates the most fun situations for the Liason.
Feweh wrote:Fun facts.

Being a well known good player will increase your chances of having a FAX responded to.
Expect most FAX's to be ignored.
Your FAX's will probably be ignored if only 1 staff member is online as they can't Moderate and set up RP scenarios.
RPing well will increase your chances of being allowed to an-tag
Fastest way to get CL Job-banned is to go planetside and not send any faxes stating so.
Gearing up with armor/primary weapons is another way to get job-banned.
If you can't RP, don't even bother going CL.
Now as a mod, I've had experience responding to faxes. A couple suggestions regarding playing Liason.
- You need to RP a lot. Being a good RPer will lead to more FUN.
- Stop requesting for PMCs and weapons after every fax. That gets really annoying. I know I said always end a fax with a request but that doesn't mean you request for PMCs after every fax.
- The difference between a good Liason and a regular Liason is a regular one will go for the gun straight away while the good one will RP it out.
- Liason's are not above Marine law, if you commit a crime, don't expect special protection from the Company.

= = = = = = =

I thought I'd make a guide on how to play Corporate Liason since I play it so much. I think its one of the best jobs. Its a very fun role by itself although it requires moderators to be online to be even more fun or at its best. WY is usually played by a moderator or someone with higher rank. Without it though, it is still very fun. It can still be a role of long periods of boredom, similar to that of a Marine but it is up to YOU to use your imagination and have fun. First of all, go over to your character profile and set WY relation status to 'Loyal'. Didja do that yet? Okay good.

To get started. To have the best experience. Its always best to staffwho at the beginning of the game to see if there is a moderator or a higher rank online. If not then don't expect faxes from WY. This is the sad truth about this role but don't fret, if a moderator comes online and sees all your faxes then you shall surely be rewarded. I say this with the utmost optimism though. Similar to that of Germany right before Operation Barbarossa.

Now then lets get some rules down first. If you're playing Corporate Liason. Make sure to look at the rules first. These rules are very important and are available over on the rules page if you haven't already read them multiple times while on the toilet dropping a deuce.
- You are NOT part of command staff, you work for Weyland and your priority is serving them.
- You may *attempt* to bribe marines to work for you, however you do not outrank them (you are a civilian) and thus they don't have to listen to you.
- You are authorized a pistol (at all times). Depending on the situation, Weyland may issue you other weapons.
- Do NOT Self Antag. If you are doing a good job with RP and reporting to Weyland with your Fax, you *MIGHT* be given special goals. These goals *MIGHT* allow you to break some of the server rules, depending on the situation. If you are unsure AHELP FIRST.
- Causing harm to the marines or damage to the Sulaco without first contacting W-Y through your fax WILL result in a job-ban and possibly a short server ban.
The most important rule is: DO NOT self-antag. You need WY authorization before you can antag (start doing really bad stuff). The rule after that is an extension of that rule. Don't forget this. Now other than these rules, you need to RP all the time. Always stay in character. Now you may be wondering.. Well how do I get in character? Well I'll help you.

Read this bit every time you're playing CL.
- You're a WY Corporate Liason, a bureaucrat. Not a marine, not a doctor, not an engineer, not a warfighter.
- You don't hate your job but you hate being on the Sulaco.
- You're only on the Sulaco because you needed to prove you were different than the next Corporate Suit.
- You would rather be somewhere else, somewhere warm and with your family (if any in your character).
- You know you have no power over Marines but you do have influence. You can complain to WY if they are being unreasonable. Marines are susceptible to bribes.
- You will do whats necessary to ensure WY's interests are kept in mind by the USCM aboard the Sulaco.
- You will ensure that nothing will harm the Company's name or interests.

Additionally. According to the lore, don't forget:
- WY gave the Sulaco to the USCM.
- WY manufactures most of the weapons that the USCM uses. Including the mk221 shotguns in security lockers such as the one in armory and at the bridge. ARMAT weapons are a different matter though.
- WY owns a large share of the USCM.
- WY is a very powerful Company.
- You have access to a fax machine.
Don't forget to read the wiki: wiki/Corporate_Liaison

Alright so if you've gotten this far then you're ready to play CL. Now for some fun tips that may help you in your job to ensure WY interests are kept in mind.
- You have a change of clothes in your quarters depending on what type of RP you'll be undertaking. Balaclava included for covert operations.
- There is a zippo near your fax machine. Use it with a paper in the other hand to burn the paper. Burn important faxes that would otherwise incriminate the Company or just outright burn all faxes that don't make you look good after sending them. Burn your safe code after you retrieve your pistol which brings me to the next point.
- You're allowed a pistol. A VP70 which fires AP rounds. It is located in your safe. Don't forget to turn on the burst fire on this thing otherwise its pretty mediocre. You can also grab a silencer from Cargo as you may not be familiar with the loud sound of a gun.
- You have a box of loyalty implants that can be used for RP purposes. Implanting someone means they don't act against WY interests although they can RP and resist. You can also lie about the implants and call it the latest WY biomedical implants to implant people (this is fun).
- There is a multitool and crowbar in your office which implies you can hack doors (ambiguous). You can also get a full set of tools except multitool from telecomms.
- WY has installed a personal escape pod for you. Its to the right in maint and then down. Too bad its close to the hanger and is almost always not used by you.
- Be acquainted with Marine law. A good CL will be arrested sometime in his life. Great Liasons are arrested multiple times. Make sure you're arrested for good reason though, get your rights to a radio and last words. If executed without reason then WY may send some tactical lawyers to investigate. Which can lead to hilarious results.
- You have a back door that serves as both an escape route and suicide tunnel should the Xenos attack. Its at the south west behind a book case. Included there is a .22 Holdout pistol which can be used as a fallback weapon.
- There are no cameras in your office and quarters. If some engineer has installed some then it is time to fax WY immediately.
- You have a crew monitoring computer that goes beyond the Sulaco. With this you can locate Colonists on the Planet and relay that information to Command. They'll be greatful for this unless the survivor is a crazed lunatic with a MAR40.

- Your office has shutters. Always close shutters when talking with someone so that you aren't disturbed.
- In your office is paper and an engraved fountain pen. Your fountain pen can fit in an ear slot. Don't lose it. You need it to write faxes.
- You can drag the paper to your office.
- Paper can go on your head slot if you have written something on it (so it doesn't show up as a paper boat). Extra slot baby.
- Your office contains a box of food. Put that in your quarters before hungry marines eat it all.
- The only ATM on the Sulaco is in your office. Don't forget to see how much money you have because you can use that money to bribe people (for RP purposes). More on this later.
- Theres an arcade machine in your office. You can use this to win items to decorate your office or quarters. The way the arcade machine works is you lose if your health or power reaches 0. You should attack until you're below 15 hp then heal. If you're below 5 power then you should alternate heal and regain power. You should never attack unless you have more than 6-8 power. Once the boss gets around 10hp he will start healing until he is out of power and then he will siphon your power. When that happens you should always make sure you're above 8 power before attacking.

- You can turn on squad comms from your headset to listen on whats going on down there and report it to WY.

- WY PMCs report to you first and then the Commander. They must ensure your safety before doing anything else. That means you can order around WY PMCs should they arrive.
- Death Squads are always sent by WY. They're usually notified by WY that you're on board and supposed to NOT kill you. Unless you did something REALLY wrong like build an illegal fight club under engineering, which WY hates and WY probably gave the order for your death.

- Request aid when the situation gets really dire. For example when Aliens board the Sulaco, write about how you're in danger and need immediate evac. Maybe WY will send some PMCs to help clean the ship. 9/10 though they don't unless Aliens REALLY outnumber the Marines. 9/10 though, WY usually doesn't unless Aliens really outnumber the Marines. Keep in mind that WY is a Moderator, a person, they have access to all sorts of information so the things they're sending you or objectives they're giving you are because the game can allow it. More on this later.
Okay so now you've got some info down on CL. You may be wondering. Okay I have all these cool toys but what the heck do I do?

Well first you send faxes to WY, in character, using the fax machine. You might be wondering: Well how the heck do I write faxes?

Well you can write them in plain text or using the format from the wiki above. I'm pretty sure its unnecessary so you can choose not to but I'm sure the mods appreciate it. To use the formatted version, copy and paste the text from the link provided in the wiki and then paste it in game and hit Ok. You should get a bunch of write buttons where you can write stuff for various fields. For the formatted version, use the current date but with 600 years ahead or you'll notice in your notes when your ATM account was made. Make it several years ahead of that. Index is used for sorting so make your first fax index #1, second fax index #2 and so on and so forth. Make sure to have a powerful subject line but you can always use "Situation Update" or "Requesting Aid". For the content, write things in character. You can pretend you don't know anything or could pretend that you have an idea whats going on down at LV-624. Make sure to use the small write box and sign your fax with [sign]. This creates your signature that can't be replicated. Always always always at the end of the message. Prompt WY for a response. It can be anything from "Requesting further orders" or "Is this report informative?". Something along those lines so that WY has something to send back. Remember that if you send a fax without a question then you'll most likely not get a reply. There is a Human on the other reading and people usually respond better when asked a question. Don't forget to exaggerate, dramatize and blow everything out of proportion.

Okay now with that block of text done. You'll be wondering: Well what the heck do I write about?

To answer this question. You should and can always find something to write about. It can be anything from complaints about the crew or a situation report on the ground.
To make a list.
- Write about the crew. Recommend that Doctor for a promotion because she took your bribe and made you space drugs for your flask. Don't explicitly say she took your bribe or you requested space drugs of course but just write about how wonderful of a Doctor she is and how loyal she is to the Company.
- Alternately, write about how incompetent the Marines are or how incompetent the crew is.
- Write about the briefing. Make sure to always attend the briefing. Did the Commander give a good briefing or bad? Was he late? Who gave the briefing if it wasn't the Commander? Write about how you feel bad about this mission because a bridge officer had to give the briefing and Commander was not present.
- Write about the survivors and the story behind LV-624. WY is curious to know what happened on their colony. More of this later.
- Write how terrible life on the Sulaco is and how much you miss the enjoyments of life and the only reason why you're doing this is because your commitment to the Company.
- And of course you can always write about how much you love the Company. I've never actually done this though. Not because I don't love the Company, I do, but I always find other things to write about.
As a general rule. I try not to send more than 15 faxes. I'm not sure what amount of faxes is too many so I try to make them as detailed as possible and send no more than 15.

Okay so moving on. Your next question should be somewhere along the lines of: What other duties does the CL have? Or what else should I do?

Well good thing you asked. First of all, make sure that talk with survivors or colonists from the Planet as soon arrive. Of course they might need medical attention but as soon as possible. The Commander may want to talk to them first but you can make a big fuss over how you should talk to them first. If they disagree.. Well theres something to write about. The survivors don't have much to do after they arrive on the Sulaco. The CL's job and Survivors job kinda rely on one another to be more fun.

Usually how I conduct my interviews is as follows: I tell them to sit down on the chair infront of my desk and I buckle myself in my comfy chair. I close the shutters. Then I introduce myself and learn the survivors name. Remember you don't know their name yet. You should usually call Survivors by their first name while the rest of the crew by their last name or nickname. Next I try to make them comfortable. I ask them if they want food or drink, maybe a fresh golden apple from my garden or some space drugs I have in my flask. I ask them if they want alcohol too. I don't have any but the Commander keeps a spare bottle in his bible, in his quarters (you can RP and say you know this because you saw the Commander in his quarters drinking from a bottle hidden in a bible or something if asked). This gives the survivor something to do when talking to the Commander if they wish.

At this point, when the survivor is comfortable, I'm pretty much done talking. All thats left now is to ask them for their story. The survivor probably won't know much but they're responsible for writing the story while you keep listening and asking questions and saying filler to keep the conversation going. I always try to figure out these main points: When did the situation/outbreak start? What was the speed of the outbreak? Were there any other survivors? How do they feel about the Company? Will they stay quiet about this? The last 2 questions are for the end but remember you need to get the story from the survivor. Afterwards, you can let the survivor know that you'll arrange for an ID card for the colonist (please actually do this if you do offer) and probably the Commander will want to speak with them so show them the way to the bridge. You can be present during this conversation too if you want or you could start writing that report to WY. Make sure to exaggerate and blow things out of proportion of course. Did the survivor face one of those xenomorphs down below and kill it? Well write how he did but he crapped his pants while running away frantically before finally turning around and pulling the trigger.

Also don't worry if all the survivors have different stories. They all saw the world down there differently. Don't interject in the conversation with survivor Y only to tell them that survivor X told you something differently. Although you can do this at times to gauge their loyalty to the Company.

At this point. If you remembered to ask about their loyalty to WY or if you can gauge their loyalty to WY then you should write about that along with all the other information you gathered. If they were Loyal then write he was loyal. If he is a risk to the Company then write about that. WY might give you a mission to eliminate them (unlikely).

Okay so the next thing you may be wondering: I've spoken with all the survivors so what the heck do I do now? Or what the heck do I do until some survivors are rescued?

Well before the survivors arrive and after you're done with them you should always roam the ship and look for RP encounters. The bridge is a good place to start. As Corporate Liason, one of the Commander staff should give you some attention/RP. If they don't then complain about how unloyal the Command staff is and how they should be replaced with someone of your choosing. Who knows? Maybe WY will send you orders to find a replacement. You can go to medbay and see how the patients are doing or how the doctors are. Ask them about their work. Go bother chem for some space drugs or something to fill your flask with. You can also implant someone undergoing surgery because they can't resist. Bribe the doctor to look the other way afterwards. Security is usually bored most of the time so you can go bother them for sunglasses and maybe offer them the latest biomedical implant. If there is a researcher on board, you can ask him for a freedom implant as well. You can go to cargo and ask for a suppressor. They usually have tons of those. You can go to engineering and ask for insulated gloves. Those are always useful too. Sometimes Engineering is undertaking a grand project too and you can ask to join in. Maint techs get really bored you know. You can wait in the hanger and interview marines coming back. Sometimes, one of the Marines will want to RP. Bottom line is: roam the ship and look for encounters.

Alright so moving on. Another tip on how to have fun as CL. Make sure you're always creating problems. Not major issues but make it everything your personal issue so you can fax to WY to complain and then ask for permission to do X and X. Request for permission to loyalty implant someone (you don't really need permission but its always good to ask first). Also the loyalty implants is to get your ass out of hot shit should you ever enter it.

That probably brings you to your next question: What can you request for?
This is only my personal experience but you can request for a supply drop from WY. Alternately, supply drops may be a result of your actions.
You can request for reinforcements in the form of WY PMCs or other Mercenaries.

Probably more but I can't think of any right now.

Moving on: What can happen if you're playing CL?
Of course antag objectives! Everyone cares about antag objectives! I can only speak from personal experience, usually the CL will receive an antag objective when he is responsive to faxes, being a loyal Corporate suit and Marines are somewhat winning on the ground. I say somewhat because the people the CL will kill may affect the ground.

Some objectives that may be given to you:
- Eliminate the mercenaries. Mercenaries are called for a reason (hunt a predator maybe), not WY PMCs, they return, they must be eliminated because they suck.
- Eliminate a survivor because they don't have WY interests in mind.
- See if there is a suitable replacement to the Command staff that is more loyal to the Company (this usually involves implanting them and then a small mutiny at the bridge).
- Collect X amount of samples. Samples being Alien lifeforms so you need to keep bugging Command and the squad leaders to bring them back. Reward usually guaranteed when a quota is reached. Although that reward for us was 2 AP SMG's and 2 VP78s.
- Order the Command staff to launch an attack. Usually happens when the Marines are winning pretty hard but refuse to push out of the FOB. If you can't convince them then WY might order you to implant the Commander or the highest ranking officer.
- Give you something to retrieve or destroy on the planet. Such as some documents in the science dome.
There are plenty of other objectives that WY may give you that I've not personally experienced yet. Post below if you've encountered a different objective!

Now, to continue. Your only method of communication is not only your faxes. You can use the verb 'pray' to send a message to your WY overlords. DON'T use this for reports but only if you had recently sent an important fax that you would like WY to read OR if you're in a dire situation. The relationship between the USCM and the CL is a shaky one. Neither side may order each other around but both must be present on the Sulaco. If the Commander or the Command staff has or is about to unjustly executed you then its best to pray or ahelp in that situation. Help may arrive if you've been a good Liason. Make sure to RP it out too.

On the topic of bribes. Usually 500-1000 thalers is enough to bribe someone to do your bidding. As long as its nothing severe. Never bribe someone to murder someone because they'll never accept if they're following the rules. However if you specifically got antag objectives then you can say WY would like so and so done. Only use the name of the Company in your bribes when they specifically ordered you to do something that would otherwise break the rules. Remember, you don't want to shame or incriminate the Company, you're the most loyal person on the ship to the Company.

On the topic of bureaucratic work. Remember that the Liason is a bureaucrat. Its fun to RP as one too. You don't solve problems with brute force or cunning. You solve them through paperwork. I highly recommend finding samples of legal forms online and writing a condensed version of them. Example: Find samples of contracts, liability waivers, affidavits, official notices to sue etc. I copied most of my documents from websites that can easily be found online or from someone in game. For the examples I provided.
- Contracts and Affidavits can be used at the beginning of the game to ensure the silence of the Command staff. For example an Affidavit or Contract "of intent to protect and preserve" the property on LV-624 can be used at the beginning of the game for the Commander to sign. Afterwards, you can sue the Commander for the damages he caused on LV-624 while fighting the Xenomorphs by his Marines. If he doesn't sign then you can report to WY that the Commander refused to sign.

- With liability waivers and silence waivers, you can ask the survivors to sign them. Afterwards if they breach the contract, for example talking about the events of LV-624, then you can let WY know. The Command staff will surely want information out of the survivor but you met them first and had them sign the waiver. You write to WY that you can use the liability waiver as an excuse to murder them too (ONLY if WY gives the order).

- Official Notices to sue are really fun too. RP suing someone is hilarious. For example: I had a game where a predator killed a survivor, who was the property of WY, so I put an offical notice to sue on the corpse of the survivor. Later Mercenaries are dispatched to hunt down the predator to have him pay compensation (unsuccessfully).
With paperwork, you're essentially creating fictional problems that are big in your role's position but may not be so big in WY's position but if they feel it is necessary to act then they'll give you orders. It's easier for WY to give you orders to do something with a reason rather than without.

Another thing. The Corporate Liason is the one with the most freedom on the Sulaco. He doesn't really have to do anything other than RP and create (small) problems for everyone. That being said you can neglect the latter part and use your time to explore the Sulaco or pursue a project. For example: You can use your time to create a fight club on the Sulaco. I should warn you though, WY HATES fight clubs so its not recommended, expect a WY death squad with orders to kill you. Use your imagination though. You don't want to divert too many Marines or the crew for your projects as they should be fighting or assisting the ground campaign.

I'll add more to this guide as it comes to mind. Also please add YOUR suggestions on how to play CL and I'll add this to the guide.

Suggestions from other posters:
Scrat wrote:Very good guide so far. I am also a CL enthusiast that loves the shady aspect of it all, as well as the (generally) more peaceful roundtype than Marine if I plan on doing something in another tab like reading. Most times I've played CL, the command team grew to despise me due to my overcritical attitude and general 'bitchyness' - only IC and only as CL, of course! I feel that if the command team gets to the point where I'm arrested and beaten because of words only, I've succeeded in providing some form of RP.

With this guide, I do have some suggested additions.

> With Survivors, make sure to confiscate their weapons, as chances are they are civilian staff after all, and even if they spawned in Marshall gear, well.. they're a marshal on the colony. Not the ship.

> While you can't demand anything, saying "I'd appreciate X" or "I'm sure if I got X your relations with the company would be good", as well as stating that they aren't by any means required to give it to you usually results in you getting what you're asking for.

> Moderators can't really affect the game like Admins can, and I've learned from Infant that mods can reply to faxes, but primarily admins can only give replies that authorize game-changing events (IE: ""antag objectives"").

> I'd ALWAYS use the format, from the wiki. It's simple, easy to follow, and looks a lot more professional.

> A section for ensuring your own safety might be nice. The Telecomms suit a few doors down from your office and demanding access into EVA is a good way to get the hell out of dodge if all goes awry and you cant trust the pod.

> Most Marines, by default, hate you because you're with Weyland, but some roleplay as liking the company and will help you out even without a bribe.

> Publicly insulting any of the bridge staff infront of the grunts is a good way to get everyone to lynch you.
Boltersam wrote:Not much to add, as most thins are covered though, but I suggest using my favourite spy network tactic.

Ask someone from one of the departments (Cargo, Medical, Engineering) to come for an interview in your office. Chat with them a bit about a secondary job opportunity to earn, say, a couple thousand more credits a day, then close the shutters and tell them that the job will require a heart monitoring implant. If they accept, loyalty implant them into your spy network and tell them to notify you of any changes. Repeat this with every department, however with survivors it is mandatory, and tell them that the story they tell you does not reach Command.

Spy networks like these aren't just useful for spying, when the Sulaco is boarded you'll be glad to have that CT enlisted that can sneak you a black market crate or two for weapons. You'll always be happy with the extra muscle, too.
Last edited by Warnipple on 15 Jul 2016, 00:03, edited 11 times in total.
Accurate representation of my character as Corporate Liason: http://i.imgur.com/Ynnvuxx.png

Scrat505
Byond: Scrat505

Re: A guide to WY Corporate Liason

Post by Scrat505 » 01 Jul 2016, 17:04

Very good guide so far. I am also a CL enthusiast that loves the shady aspect of it all, as well as the (generally) more peaceful roundtype than Marine if I plan on doing something in another tab like reading. Most times I've played CL, the command team grew to despise me due to my overcritical attitude and general 'bitchyness' - only IC and only as CL, of course! I feel that if the command team gets to the point where I'm arrested and beaten because of words only, I've succeeded in providing some form of RP.

With this guide, I do have some suggested additions.

> With Survivors, make sure to confiscate their weapons, as chances are they are civilian staff after all, and even if they spawned in Marshall gear, well.. they're a marshal on the colony. Not the ship.

> While you can't demand anything, saying "I'd appreciate X" or "I'm sure if I got X your relations with the company would be good", as well as stating that they aren't by any means required to give it to you usually results in you getting what you're asking for.

> Moderators can't really affect the game like Admins can, and I've learned from Infant that mods can reply to faxes, but primarily admins can only give replies that authorize game-changing events (IE: ""antag objectives"").

> I'd ALWAYS use the format, from the wiki. It's simple, easy to follow, and looks a lot more professional.

> A section for ensuring your own safety might be nice. The Telecomms suit a few doors down from your office and demanding access into EVA is a good way to get the hell out of dodge if all goes awry and you cant trust the pod.

> Most Marines, by default, hate you because you're with Weyland, but some roleplay as liking the company and will help you out even without a bribe.

> Publicly insulting any of the bridge staff infront of the grunts is a good way to get everyone to lynch you.

Boltersam
Byond: Boltersam
Steam: Boltersam

Post by Boltersam » 01 Jul 2016, 19:08

Not much to add, as most thins are covered though, but I suggest using my favourite spy network tactic.

Ask someone from one of the departments (Cargo, Medical, Engineering) to come for an interview in your office. Chat with them a bit about a secondary job opportunity to earn, say, a couple thousand more credits a day, then close the shutters and tell them that the job will require a heart monitoring implant. If they accept, loyalty implant them into your spy network and tell them to notify you of any changes. Repeat this with every department, however with survivors it is mandatory, and tell them that the story they tell you does not reach Command.

Spy networks like these aren't just useful for spying, when the Sulaco is boarded you'll be glad to have that CT enlisted that can sneak you a black market crate or two for weapons. You'll always be happy with the extra muscle, too.

Warnipple

Post by Warnipple » 02 Jul 2016, 00:42

Boltersam wrote:Not much to add, as most thins are covered though, but I suggest using my favourite spy network tactic.

This is a great idea, I'll have to try this!
Accurate representation of my character as Corporate Liason: http://i.imgur.com/Ynnvuxx.png

Bigchilly

Post by Bigchilly » 07 Jul 2016, 17:26

The wiki has some example documents you can use for faxing USCMC or W-Y. wiki/Corporate_Liaison
| Flitz 'Rook' Waldmuller |

Feweh
Donor
Donor
Byond: Feweh

Post by Feweh » 07 Jul 2016, 17:45

Fun facts.

Being a well known good player will increase your chances of having a FAX responded to.
Expect most FAX's to be ignored.
Your FAX's will probably be ignored if only 1 staff member is online as they can't Moderate and set up RP scenarios.
RPing well will increase your chances of being allowed to an-tag
Fastest way to get CL Job-banned is to go planetside and not send any faxes stating so.
Gearing up with armor/primary weapons is another way to get job-banned.
If you can't RP, don't even bother going CL.

eyelocker

Post by eyelocker » 07 Jul 2016, 23:15

Well, i think of myself as a different kind of CL like, last time i played as CL Xur almost got executed and a mutiny was taking place.
One of the other time i played as CL, WY men in black came to the sulaco in person to take me.
I am a cool CL that gets no reply from WY other than a good old yelling for fucking up.
Hail the almighty SHEPERD Image ImageImage

SagaSword
Byond: Sagasword

Post by SagaSword » 10 Jul 2016, 02:35

I like to play CL as a "Black Marketer". Kill People for WY interests, Sell some Drugs, Steal weapons from Cargo...etc

But when i saw this guide i will change it to diplomacy playing since it's fun.
The Greatest Memer of all time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfsFV7VGBzI

completelynewguy

Post by completelynewguy » 19 Jul 2016, 13:44

"- Death Squads are always sent by WY. They're usually notified by WY that you're on board and supposed to NOT kill you. Unless you did something REALLY wrong like build an illegal fight club under engineering, which WY hates and WY probably gave the order for your death."

Best to just redact that. I ended up getting killed by a DS near the end of the round.

FelixG
Byond: Felix_grabovski

Post by FelixG » 18 Jun 2017, 06:25

Thinking to play as CL is there any waivers example (liability and silence)?

Warnipple

Post by Warnipple » 04 Aug 2017, 04:42

I stopped playing a while ago but here were some waivers I used. You can edit it to fit your needs. It needs some editting to fit the current map.

Code: Select all

Affidavit of Intent to Preserve

WHEREFORE the following signees do hereby swear and affirm that they will do everything within their power to preserve and protect the integrity and value of all proprietary interests of Weyland Yutani (hereafter: "Company" or "The Company") on the surface of or above the surface or under the surface of the Lazarus Compound on colonized rimworld LV-624.

I understand that failure to sign this affidavid certifies as a promise to be personally liable to Weyland Yutani in the event my orders or actions cause harm or devaluation to Company interests. 

Signed: 

Affidavit of Liability

WHEREFORE the following signees do hereby swear and affirm that they were responsible for the damages of the colony owned by Weyland Yutani (hereafter: "Company" or "The Company") on the surface of or above the surface or under the surface of the Lazarus Compound on colonized rimworld LV-624.

I understand that failure to sign this affidavid certifies as this person to be personally liable to Weyland Yutani and the event that my orders or actions cause harm or devaluation to Company interests. 

Signed: 

This agreement releases Weyland Yutani from all liability relating to injuries that may occur rimworld LV-624. By signing this agreement, I agree to hold Weyland Yutani entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.

I also acknowledge the risks involved in being rescued from rimworld LV-624. These include but are not limited to being attacked by hostile wild life, getting shot by a sentry turret, death and dismemberment. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.

By signing below I forfeit all right to bring a suit against Weyland Yutani for any reason. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.

Signed: 
Also you can attempt to sue the Commander for breaking the affidavit. Usually leads to some hilarious results.

OFFICIAL NOTICE: [Commander's name] has knowingly and intentionally caused damages on Weyland-Yutani rimworld LV-624.

Weyland Yutani Hereby moves to sue John Hayter personally and professionally for damages caused to Weyland Yutani's interests on the LV-624 for the amount of $250,000,000.00 (two-hundred and fifty million and none) thaler.

This sum does not represent fiduciary damages, penalties, late fees, or interest.

Amount is payable within 30 days of notice or may be accelerated should [Commander's name] cause more damages to LV-624 at the discretion of Weyland Yutani.

Fines and fees may be leveled against the [Commander's name] should they be unable to cover this loss by Weyland Yutani.

Vispain
Byond: Vispain

Post by Vispain » 08 Feb 2018, 15:30

I know this is a late response but nice. Thanks for the ready made affidavits.
Someone should really add some of these to the wiki perhaps
St Joseph of Cupertino - Patron saint of air travelers, aviators, astronauts, people with a mental handicaps, test takers and poor students.
Commander Jacque Devereaux AKA SSGT Cassius 'Santa' Klaus Predator: Pau'Tar Image

NethIafins
Byond: NethIafins
Steam: nethiafin

Post by NethIafins » 09 Feb 2018, 18:08

Not many things changed since, so this guide is still kinda relevant.

As mod who tries to answer faxes I'll give few advices:
1) the less you care about formatting with your faxes, the lesser anyone will care to respond to them
2) always suspect that mod and not admin replies to your faxes. I you have at least slightest ambiguity about antag-ness of orders in fax - ahelp before doing ANYTHING. Mods CANNOT give you antag objectives.
3) don't spam messages. Yes, we receive faxes. Yes we receive them all. Yes every time you try to send it
4) if you have bad notes or ever banned from CL - you have pretty slim chance that anything interesting will happen
Brother!
Do you remember our home and mother?
I'll die, don't bother.
It's just like walking on water.
- Cold Rain, Swirekster 2017, Twisted Insurrection OST